As a Tarot reader I get asked many different questions in the course of my work. It is my hope that this Code of Ethics will give you a better sense of what to expect from a reading with me. Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Sea Change Tarot Code of Ethics
updated June 10, 2014
1. As the client, you have the right to respect and my undivided attention during your reading. You also have the right to ask questions or request clarification during a reading.
2. You have the right to confidentiality. Any information you share with me, including your contact information, will be held in the strictest confidence except under the following circumstances: I am a mandated reporter in South Carolina and am required by law to report known or suspected child abuse to authorities. I may also choose to notify authorities if you disclose intent to harm yourself or others.
3. A Tarot reading is not a substitute for legal, financial, medical, or psychological advice. I cannot advise you on any of these matters but I will give you appropriate referrals as I am able to.
4. I will strive to provide you with compassionate, honest and accurate interpretations of the Tarot cards. During your reading it is possible that some painful or difficult topics may come to light. I will not shy away from these but will deliver the message as compassionately as I can. You, as the client, have the right to ask to stop the reading at any time, though all readings are nonrefundable.
5. I do not offer “fortunetelling” readings or communicate with spirits. My readings are focused on helping you understand the bigger picture of your life right now and what you can do to make the most of your situation. In other words, I cannot answer questions such as “When will I meet my soulmate?” but I can help you explore what steps you can take to help you attract love into your life, as well as identify energetic blocks that may exist in this area. My goal is to help you have a more fulfilling, empowered life, not to make predictions that may or may not come true. The future is constantly changing based on our present actions.
6. You are solely responsible for the outcome of any action you may choose to take based on advice received in a Tarot reading. You are also free to disregard any advice received.
7. I will not do “spells” or remove “curses” for you. However, I can give you advice on basic spell construction, as long as your intent is not to influence another person.
8. You always have free will to change your situation as you see fit. As your Tarot reader, I can help you explore options and give you new ideas. What you do with this information is entirely up to you.
9. You have the right to leave your Tarot reading feeling empowered and in charge of your own life!